Christmas is only 10 days away. I know we've all been making our list and checking it twice. So what do you do when you get to your knitter friends, especially if you're a non-knitter? Well, help is here. Here is my handy-dandy gift guide for all the knitters in your life.
I must add a word of caution here: It may be challenging to get this information and maintain the surprise, but if you can find out specifics, do so. Knitters have their favorites and they have things they hate. Make sure you're gift isn't going to end up at the next swap party. Ask a knitter's family. Trust me they'll know.
1. Gift cards. You can't go wrong with gift cards. I know some people consider gift cards "cheating," but it may be best. And there are so many cool things you can gift. On Raverly, which is like Facebook for knitters, knitters can create a wish list of patterns they'd like to receive. Gift a pattern. Or gift an online class through Craftsy. Find out what your knitters favorite local yarn shop (LYS) is and get them a gift certificate.
2. Massages and manicures. Serious knitters would really appreciate that because knitting does take a toll on the body. A massage/manicure could be a great thing to loosen up aching muscles and allow your knitter to do what they love again.
3. A knitting getaway. This one may take a little more planning, but send your knitter off to somewhere relaxing and where they're lots of yarn shops. If you really want to impress, create a trip road map that includes stops at yarn shops on the way
4. Knitting themed items like clothing, mugs and other practical gifts. There are mugs, t-shirts and even car decals. CafePress has some neat things. Even consider storage items. Most knitters have a drawer full of items they've made for themselves and storage becomes an issue. Consider getting an inexpensive chest or dresser. It works for storing yarn, too.
5. Wear what they've knitted you! Remember, knitting for someone is an act of love. We thought about you enough to devote days and sometimes months to a project. Show your appreciate for it and wear it the next time your see your knitter. They'll love you for it.
What are you favorite knitting gifts ideas?