In my last My Life in Stitches post, I gave an overview of my knitting projects. As I went through my Ravelry page to write that post, I had a couple of revelations. One, I make a LOT of scarves and not many garments. Two, I noticed that I consistently learned new techniques last year. That’s one of the things I love about knitting. There is always something new to learn.
New techniques make up the bulk of my New Years knitting resolutions. This year, I want to learn to:
- Continental Knitting. I know how to do a continental knit stitch, but continental purling baffles me. I want to do at least one whole project in continental. Maybe I’ll actually finish my Color Affliction…I mean Affection in continental.
- Knit Fair Isle. I’m thinking that this isn’t as hard as I think it will be.
- Intarsia knitting. This truly frightens me, but I’ll have to put on my big girl panties and do it.
- A new cast ons. I know cable, provisional, crocheted provisional, long tail, and knitted cast on. I’ve toyed with Alternate cast on, but I haven’t mastered it yet. I also tried a lace cast on, but I didn’t think I was doing it right. I want to learn a German and a tubular cast on and master the lace cast on.
- Master seaming. I normally run screaming from patterns that require seaming, but that disqualified so many nice sweaters.
As far as projects, I would like to:
- Make more garments. Once I get the hang of seaming, I should be able to add more sweaters to my queue.
- More socks. Socks are the perfect travel project, but I’ve only made a few pairs. Hope to change that this year.
- Design more patterns. I’ve designed a cowl (stay tuned for when it will be available on Ravelry), but I want to do more.
And what list of knitting resolutions would be complete without some vow about stash control. I would love to say that I want to keep my stash from growing, but I don't want to make promises I can't keep. Besides, who knows what lovely yarn I'll come across this year that wants to be mine. We'll see how that goes.
What are your knitting resolutions this year? Share below and we’ll keep each other accountable.
I am going to do much more knitting this year. I am hoping to expand and perfect my skills since I have been knitting less than a year. I am working on my first sweater and it has been fun but challenging. I want to become a constant knitter :) I am already a yarn snob. LOL
Thanks for writing an awesome blog!
Way to go, Ros. As a constant knitter, I can assure you it won't be hard to fulfill that resolution. The more you knit, the more it becomes like an old friend you always want near.
Yarn snobs unite!
Post a Comment