I've been tagged by Ronie Kendig. This was a good exercise to build some momentum for writing this story.
The rules of the blog hop:
- Mention who tagged you, and link to their post.
- Give the rules.
- Answer the ten questions below.
- Link to several more people
1. What is the title of your next book?
Tentatively, it’s Love Simplified, Too but I’m sure that’s bound to change.
2. Where did the idea come from for the book?
It is the sequel to my first novel, Love Simplified. For a while I was considering writing three standalone books in this series. When I mentioned this to my friend and editor, Linda Sothern, she complained that all the romance books end with the main characters engaged, but they never showed how the marriage worked out. That’s when I decided to write another book with the same cast of characters.
3. What genre does your book fall under?
5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Love is not simple for Tempest Day, and she will soon discover that marriage is even harder.
6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
I will be self-pubbing this one…unless some miracle happens and someone buys this one and the first one. I doubt it since I’m not querying it to agents or editors.
7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?
Haven’t finished the first draft yet and it’s been in the works for a couple of months now. I hope to finish it by April.
8) What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
Murder, Mayhem and a Fine Man or any book in the Amanda Bell Series. I so admire Claudia Mair Burney’s voice. And readers can always pick up the first book in this series.
9) Who or what inspired you to write this book?
I’ll have to start with what inspired me to write the first book in this series, since the story continues in my next book.
Reality TV inspired me. Late one night, I was watching a show that featured a life coach helping people through their problems. As I watched, I thought, she [the life coach] probably has bigger problems than they people she’s trying to help. On another occasion, I was watching a different reality TV show and thought, What kind of crazy would you have to be to expose your private life on TV? What kind of person would do that? Most importantly, what would be a legitimate reason for going on a reality TV show? Those two sets of quests combined in my head and I was off and running.
10. What else about the book might pique the reader’s interest?
It will be a hilarious After Happily Ever After story. I am aiming for a late spring release (May-June timeframe), so stay tuned to this blog and Facebook page (Author Terri J. Haynes) for updates.
Now for the tagging:
Terri Gillespie (T1)